The Transportation Research Forum (TRF) presents the best of current research and practice in transportation, emphasizing innovation and quantified experience. TRF is the foremost world-wide gathering of academic researchers, practitioners, graduate students, top research think tanks and industry technology developers.
Join us at New Jersey City University (NJCU), School of Business, situated in the heart of the Wall Street West in Jersey City, NJ for our 61st annual forum.
We invite authors and collaborators to submit their papers and posters in accordance with the schedule below.
- Abstract Submission Due: 1 November 2019
- Acceptance Notification: 2 December 2019
- Registration Open: 30 September 2019
- Author Registration Deadline: 17 January 2020
- Early Registration Deadline: 24 January 2020
- Podium Session Full Paper Due: 10 February 2020
- Poster or Graduate Student Program Full Paper Due: 24 February 2020
- Pre-Registration Closes: 28 February 2020
- Conference Dates: 12-13 March 2020
- Paper content must be original and relevant to the conference.
- Please ensure all articles are proofread and checked for accuracy prior to submission. Changes cannot be made during the review process. If accepted, minor revisions may be made prior to final submission.
- The Transportation Research Forum welcomes themed session proposals from any individual or organization as part of the regular paper submission process. Session proposals are limited to one per organization. Hosted sessions are available to organizations that sponsor the Annual Forum at any level. Organizations that host a session at the Annual Forum will be acknowledged at the session, have the ability to choose a general theme for the session (e.g. Agricultural Transportation or Passenger Air Transportation), and they will have representation on the committee that chooses papers and any paper awards for the session. However, to preserve the academic integrity of the Transportation Research Forum and its Annual Forum, all final decisions on papers and awards will be made by a representative of the Transportation Research Forum.
- .docx/.doc file formats are accepted
- Papers must be in English of up to 20 pages in conference paper format
- Authors are required to ensure accuracy of quotations, citations, diagrams, maps, and tables.
- Figures and tables need to be placed where they are to appear in the text and must be clear and easy to view.
The acceptance decisions will take into account paper novelty, technical depth, readability, practical or theoretic impact, and presentation.
- Original: the paper explores a new idea, project or issue; discusses existing research with promise of new insight, discusses new research; or presents new ways of considering existing information
- Engaging: presentation format will involve the audience in some way, or has high potential to attract conference attendees by addressing the needs of the community
- Significant: the paper raises and discusses issues important to improving the effectiveness and/or sustainability of open education efforts, and its contents can be broadly disseminated and understood
- Quality: claims are supported by sufficient data; claims draw upon relevant literature; and limitations are described honestly
- Relevant: the paper addresses relevant and timely topics within transportation.
Post Conference Publication and Indexing
TRF 2020 proceedings will be published on the TRF website, https://trforum.org. Authors are invited to submit their papers for inclusion and publication in the Journal of the Transportation Research Forum included in RETREC, published by Elsevier. Manuscripts to be considered for publication in the Journal of the Transportation Research Forum should be submitted at https://trforum.org/journal-of-the-trf/jtrfsubmissions.