Join transportation practitioners, researchers, academics, and students for the 64th International Meeting of the Transportation Research Forum in Chicago, Illinois, one of the world’s premier transportation hubs, from April 27 – 28, 2023! Our compact day-and-a-half format gives attendees an efficient way to gain insights into best practices in transportation research, applied practices, and innovation, while also exploring the city’s magnificent transportation history. An optional tour will also be available on Saturday, April 29.
About the Conference
This “in-person” conference will be held on DePaul University downtown campus in the heart of Chicago’s famed “Loop” district adjacent to major hotels just a 10-minute walk to Millennium Park.
Transportation practitioners, consultants, regulators, and students and faculty from universities around the world will convene to share ideas, explore current research and policy issues, and build networks.
- Keynote speaker: To be announced this autumn
- Panel Discussions: Panel discussions related to transportation innovation, history, planning, policy, agriculture, and logistics.
- Concurrent Presentation sessions: Our sessions will feature research from academics, practitioners, and graduate students related to policies, trends in air, bus, marine and rail transportation, “shared mobility,” current issues, and innovations. Each session includes ample time for Q&A.
- Poster presentations: Academic and graduate students will present research in progress in poster sessions.
- Networking: Opportunities abound throughout the conference as well as the Thursday evening mixer and Friday evening dinner.
- Special Group Outing immediately after the Friday program that includes a ride on one of Chicago’s famed Water Taxis down the Chicago River, followed by dinner.
Interested in sponsoring? Click here for more information!
Registration Now Open!
The Annual International Meeting is attractively priced, with the Awards Luncheon, continental breakfast, coffee breaks, and riverboat dinner cruise included in the total conference registration fee.
Thursday and Saturday tours are priced separately at $30 each per participant.
Those paying the non-member price may elect to receive a one-year membership in TRF. A special price for attendees residing in the Chicago metropolitan area will be made available several months before the event.
Awards in the following categories will be awarded:
- Herbert O. Whitten TRF Service Award
- Best Student Agricultural Paper
- Best Paper
- Best Poster
- Best Student Paper
- Distinguished Transportation Researcher
- President’s Award
- John W. “Jack” Barriger Research Award
- Early Bird Abstract Submissions Due: December 3, 2022
- Regular Abstract Submissions (including Student Submissions) Due: January 27, 2023
- Poster and Paper Due: March 12, 2023
If you are interested in making a presentation, click the “Abstract Submission” button below and review our submission guidelines. We assign discussants to all podium presentations. If you have questions or ideas about a presentation, email Allison Woodward at email@example.com.