Join transportation practitioners, researchers, academics, and students for the 65th International Meeting of the Transportation Research Forum in Arlington, Virginia, April 4 & 5, 2024! Our compact day-and-a-half format gives attendees an efficient way to gain insights into best practices in transportation research, applied practices, and innovation while also exploring the city’s magnificent transportation history. Optional tours will also be available on Thursday and Saturday mornings.
About the Conference
This in-person conference will be held on George Mason University Arlington campus.
Transportation practitioners, consultants, regulators, and students and faculty from universities around the world will convene to share ideas, explore current research and policy issues, and build networks.
- Panel Discussions: Panel discussions related to transportation innovation, history, planning, policy, agriculture, and logistics.
- Concurrent Presentation sessions: Our sessions will feature research from academics, practitioners, and graduate students related to policies, trends in air, bus, marine and rail transportation, “shared mobility,” current issues, and innovations. Each session includes ample time for Q&A.
- Poster presentations: Academic and graduate students will present research in progress in poster sessions.
- Networking: Opportunities abound throughout the conference as well as the Thursday evening mixer and Friday evening dinner.
- Special Group Dinner: After the Friday program, join us for TRF’s post-conference dinner outing at Uncle Julio’s, a Mexican restaurant featuring “made-from-scratch” entrées and desserts. Attendees will be able to choose from a list of menu options including vegetarian fare, and there will be a cash bar.
- Technical Tours: Guided tours of key transportation and urban mobility locations, each limited to small groups to allow for extensive Q&A.
Interested in sponsoring? Click here for more information!
Registration Open Now
The Annual International Meeting is attractively priced, with the Awards Luncheon, continental breakfast, coffee breaks, and closing dinner included in the total conference registration fee.
Thursday and Saturday tours are priced separately.
Those paying the non-member price may elect to receive a one-year membership in TRF. A special price for attendees residing in the Arlington metropolitan area will be made available several months before the event.
If you are interested in making a presentation, click the “Abstract Submission” button below and review our submission guidelines. We assign discussants to all podium presentations. If you have questions or ideas about a presentation, email TRF at [email protected].