About the Conference
The Transportation Research Forum presents the best of current research and practice, emphasizing innovation and quantified experience. TRF is the foremost world-wide gathering of academic researchers, practitioners, graduate students, top research think tanks and industry technology developers.
Join us for our diamond jubilee as we celebrate 60 years of collaboration of the best minds in transportation.
We invite authors and collaborators to submit their papers and posters in accordance with the schedule below.
*** NEW OPPORTUNITY *** USDA’s Transportation Services Division (TSD) is hosting an Agricultural Transporiatation Session at the 2019 Annual Meeting of the Transportation Research Forum and accordingly is issuing a specific call for papers. TSD welcomes high-quality, original research papers on a range of subjects closely related to grain and other agricultural transportation issues. Authors of selected papers will be invited to present their research during TSD’s sponsored agricultural transportation session. TSD is also encouraging students to submit their research papers and will award a $500 prize for the top student paper.
· Abstract Submission Due: 8 February 2019
· Acceptance Notification: 20 February 2019
· Author Registration: 9 March 2019
· Early Registration deadline: 15 March 2019
· Podium Session Full Paper Submissions Due: 31 March 2019
· Poster or Graduate Student Program Full Paper Submissions Due: April 15, 2019
· Pre-Registration closes: 19 April 2019
· Conference Dates: 2-3 May 2019
Papers are accepted through the online submission tool.
· .docx/.doc file formats are accepted
· Please ensure all articles are proofread and checked for accuracy prior to submission. Changes cannot be made during the review process. If accepted, minor revisions may be made prior to final submission.
· Papers must be in English of up to 20 pages in conference paper format
· Paper content must be original and relevant to the conference.
· Authors are required to ensure accuracy of quotations, citations, diagrams, maps, and tables.
· Figures and tables need to be placed where they are to appear in the text and must be clear and easy to view.
The acceptance decisions will take into account paper novelty, technical depth, readability, practical or theoretic impact, and presentation.
· Original: the paper explores a new idea, project or issue; discusses existing research with promise of new insight, discusses new research; or presents new ways of considering existing information
· Engaging: presentation format will involve the audience in some way, or has high potential to attract conference attendees by addressing needs of the community
· Significant: the paper raises and discusses issues important to improving the effectiveness and/or sustainability of open education efforts, and its contents can be broadly disseminated and understood
· Quality: claims are supported by sufficient data; claims draw upon relevant literature; and limitations are described honestly
· Relevant: the paper addresses relevant and timely topics within transportation.
Post Conference Publication and Indexing
TRF 2019 proceedings will be published on the TRF website, www.trforum.org. Authors are invited to submit their papers for inclusion and publication in the Journal of the Transportation Research Forum included in RETREC, published by Elsevier. Submissions to be considered for publication in the Journal of the Transportation Research Journal should be submitted at https://trforum.org/journal-of-the-trf/jtrfsubmissions/.
Prospective presenters: Please begin by creating a new account (below the Login button). To complete your registration with the portal, you will receive a validation email. You must click the link in that email in order to establish your account and be able to submit the abstract. If you do not receive the validation email, please check your junk email file. If the validation email is not there, contact TRF administrative office at 425.374.8181.
Attention TRF Members: This login is not the same as your TRF member login.
To submit your abstract, either sign in using the login you created for a past TRF conference or create a new account, which only takes a minute. Once you have a login and password, you can submit the abstract and monitor its progress.